Dr. Mills is an active member of the Duval County Medical Society, Jacksonville Sports Medicine Program, Northeast Florida Medical Society, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American College of Sports Medicine and the American Medical Association. He has served as the team physician for the Jacksonville Barracudas semi-pro hockey team and the Englewood H.S. football team. Most recently, he was appointed to the St. Luke’s Hospital Medical Staff Executive Committee and is an Adjunct Instructor in Family Medicine at the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville. In addition, he is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., and an active member of Bethel Baptist Institutional Church.
Dr. Wesley Mills, a board certified Primary Care and Sports Medicine Physician, is located on the Southside area of Jacksonville off of Gate Parkway near St. Luke’s Hospital. He is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine. Dr. Mills completed his specialty training in Family Medicine at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Jacksonville, Florida, where he was Chief Resident. He subsequently completed his sub-specialty training in Sports Medicine at the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville. His scope of practice encompasses the treatment and evaluation of all primary care issues and those of a sports medicine and musculoskeletal nature.
- St. Luke’s Hospital Medical Staff Executive Committee Member
- Mayo Clinic Adjunct Instructor in Family Medicine
- Knot 4 Kids Executive Board Member. Non-profit organization
- Volunteer, We Care Clinic, Non-profit drug rehabilitation program
- Florida Black Expo Advisory Board
- Chairperson of the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
- St. Vincent’s Family Medicine Residency Program
- Member of the Northeast Florida Medical Society
- Member of the Duval County Medical Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity Incorporated. National social organization
- Young Executive Board Member, The University Club of Jacksonville
Dr. Mills is honored to be the recipient of the Patients' Choice Award for the third year in a row.The Patients' Choice Award is based on reviews written by hundreds of thousands of patients. While physicians generally receive positive feedback from their patients, only a select few receive praise about the compassion that accompanied their care. In fact, of the nations 720,000 active physicians, less than 3% were accorded this honor by their patients.
Each year the Jacksonville Business Journal selects 40 individuals under 40, who are Northeast Florida's brightest and most promising Business Professionals. Honorees must have achieved a high level of responsibility in both their careers and our community.
Dr. Mills was chosen among the elite few to represent the 2011 class of recipients.
Patients Choice Award
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Jacksonville Business Journal
Top 40 Under 40, 2011
Compassionate Doctor Recognition
2009 2010 2011
8075 Gate Parkway West - Suite 202 | Jacksonville, FL 32216 |
Phone (904) 400-6500 | Fax (904) 400-6501
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician’s overall and bedside manner scores.